Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Psalm 42:7-12 New International Version (NIV) 7 Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me. 8 By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. 9 I say to God my Rock, “Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?” 10 My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, “Where is your God?” 11 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

This is how I feel lately.  Life is a roller coaster ride.  I can be so up and positive one day, then down in the dumps the next.
This mostly has to do with how I feel physically, but also how I look.  I can't really explain  it  very well, I'm not vain, but the effects of this cancer and treatment on my body, outwardly , is shocking.  Especially lately.
I won't list my complaints or the things that are ailing me, I am just asking for prayer for strength.  Something about listing things makes me feel ungrateful, but asking for your prayers, and the Lord knowing what I need seems right.
My heart is aching for my family that have  to listen to me complain or see me cry. PLease lift them up also.
I  am on a chemo right now that is oral, so no trips to infusion room.  PET and CAT scans in a month to see how things are going.  My cancer reacts well to chemo so I am thinking things will be ok, but the thought of always staying on chemo is quite difficult.

On a happier note, my kids seem to be adjusting back in school well.  Sarah Jane started middle school, and is going to play the trombone in the school band, how cute!  Charlie is in 11th grade and hopefully will take this year a bit more seriously, he is also in band and loves it, and Jimmy started college classes at BCC.  My sweet husband is a steady as they come.  He's such a good man, taking care of everything.  I love him so much. Best move I ever made, marrying him.
That's all for now.
Love Joann

4 comments:

  1. Praying for all of you, dear one!!!! If you have to make a list, keep at the last paragraph of your blessings. :-) Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jo and Family,
    We lift you up to our Lord. You have every right to feel the way you feel. You would not be normal if you did not have good days and bad. Please don't apologize about it. By all means list your woes and we can offer prayers for each of them. Glad to hear the kids are adjusting to school. Glad to hear Rick is helping and that you find great strength in him. You and your family is a blessing to the world and especially all of us who call you family and friend. Put your hope in God. We will continue to pray for you, your family and all of God's children. Know we are hear offering prayers and hope and most of all love.
    Hugs,
    Rance and Deidre
    Rance, Johnathan, Krystal, Kayla, Alexsandria, Azalea and Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne, I will say a special prayer for you and your family tonight. Love, Maureen O'S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fighting breast cancer right now too...my kids are young (8,7,4) and it's hard on them to see the effects of chemo on me. I look forward to reading your blog and learning about your fight. Katie

    ReplyDelete