Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Just a quick update
I was admitted to Holmes because I was having increased problems breathing. Both of us thought this was due to my asthma. Well it was a cardiac issue. That night at 6 u had a window cut in my pericardial sac( heart bag) and one in my lung bag. Nice phraseology. Any about 1 1-2 liters were drained and a chat rube put in to keep it draining. I will be in the hospital for a week. M super weak and very overwhelmed about what to make of everything. I see Dr Scheinbart today when he does his rounds here. Not sure what the next plan is since it was to go on a new drug, but we thought my heart was ok. I guess not. I think this is going to be a long winding road. I would appreciate prayers for strength and perseverance for me ,Rick, my kids and mom and inlaws and other friends I lean heavily  on
Thanks for everyone wanted to come and visit but right now I'm just worn out and not too pleasant to be around. Poor Rock has taken the brunt if my frustration but get, that's his job and he doesn't complain. He brings me tea. My sweetheart. My kids are being taken care of by Ricks parents. They are all ok.
Hopefully next week I'll be home or will be feeling better to have visitors. Right nuw I'm keeping the number low because aside from crankiness, I'm pretty tired. Thank you for prayers.
Much love
Joann

7 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Joann. Hang in there and show them you are made of tuff stuff! Praying for your heart and lung to heal, that you breathe easier and that your anxiety lessens. One day at a time right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann, So sorry you have to go through this. I'm praying for you! I understand about visitors, just want you to know we are thinking of you and miss you. Best, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joann, Kathy is keeping us posted on Facebook. I am so sorry that you have to endure this. God is with you at all times. And, we are here praying for you. Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joann....I went off of Fb a few months ago so I have not been up on things. Please know That we are praying for you and your family.
    Praying that you feel Gods love wrapped around you!! Love, Pam Langford

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up FB 2 months ago but luckily did a quick check tonight and now know what you are going through. My prayers, love, peace and strength are all for you and your family. Keep your eyes fixed firmly on God. He will never leave you alone. Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for quick healing and strength...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this fight is exhausting Joann! Just relax in that boat while our prayers keep your arms lifted up

    ReplyDelete